Friday, July 8, 2011

I think therefore I am.....

Well I am just a little, itty bitty bit excited :)

I am not 100% certain, but it seems I may be going to University next semester. I may be about to become a *gulp* STUDENT!!

This is huge for me because I love school. I left school when I was 15, not because I couldn't keep up, and not because I didn't like school. I left because social situations caused me to. I started working 40 hour weeks when I was 15, that was the deal I made with my parents. If I left school then I had to work, so I did. It wasn't long after I left school that I applied for and was successful in getting a Government based Traineeship at a Primary School to gain a Certificate III in Education, but after a successful completion I didn't further my training because it wasn't the right field for me, so for for the last 14 years I have jumped from job to job, just trying to earn a pay check rather than concentrating on building a career I love.

Now it seems, I may have set myself on a new, empowering path towards something I want. To be a Librarian. It is a long term plan, something that will benefit myself and my children. Training that will open doors for future learning, and pleasure. Plus, I get out the house a few times a week in order to learn and grow, what could be better than that right now?!

Small steps towards the big picture.... sounds like I have the focus I was needing. I have so many awesome ideas, hopes, thought and dreams.

Fingers crossed it all comes together, I will know after the 18th of this month.

1 comments:

g-girl said...

that is so exciting. school is going to be fun for you especially since you know what you want to be when you grow up! good luck. :)

Post a Comment