Saturday, July 9, 2011

Today's Discovery

I am an ambitious woman. Sometimes I am so full of great ideas on how to improve things that I can hardly contain my new found excitement and motivation, but then that priceless saying that everyone knows, rings true to who I am....

Whats goes up....... must come down

That's when things get a little hazy.  I begin to suffer self doubt. I tell myself I am silly, impulsive, stupid even for thinking my ideas could be more than just that. I ask myself if I could actually even do it, I ask myself if it should even be tried, cause let's face it, it probably isn't worth it or worse, I'll start it and fizzle out in a record period of time and then I will beat myself up for wasting time, precious resources or dollars I didn't have to spare in the first place.

A prime example of this is my weight loss efforts over the years, or my different blogs I have had over the years, or hobbies I have tried, or projects around the home, or wanting to go to Uni.
OK, I still want to try this whole Uni thing out, but I am seriously questioning myself right now........

Anyways I'll get back to that after I have had a meeting with my possible future Head Teacher on the 18th. Back to the reason I post this particular piece of complication....

This new book discovery....


"The 30 Day Challenge is a detox program for your money management habits. It will address all of your attitudes and beliefs about money, and get you into the shape you need to be in to change the way you live with money - forever! This one-of-a-kind interactive multimedia program shines the spotlight on the details of your money living and provides down-to-earth advice that will deliver fast and effective results every day, letting you make the small changes that are necessary to create fundamental and lasting changes in your money habits."

Now I haven't been buying hard copy books lately thanks to the 99c kindle books from Amazon that I love so, but this one really caught my eye.
I am 3/4 of the way through so far and I admit, it looks good. It seems very easy to follow, just small steps and small changes each day, and I really think I could do this. The problem?? I know that on Monday I am going to be all excited and I am going to give it a go, and the first few days I am gonna do great and I will chart my progress over at Mercy's World and all will be fantastic, and then, well I know what will happen. I will get lazy, the excitement of self improvement will fade, I won't make necessary time to follow through and well, this book will end up on my book shelf getting dusty along with a few other motivational, highly excited, improve myself for the future *impulse* purchases.... the CSIRO diet books, Houseworks, Spotless.... (need I go on?)

I really want to follow this little impulse of self improvement right through to the end, and here is why :-
**Taken from this very book**


"So much of what we do each day is habitual and automatic - done without thinking of necessity, future costs or alternatives. Habits are easily formed and while they seem hard to break, it's actually just a matter of keeping what you want to change in the front of your mind and acting consciously rather than automatically. Stop living on autopilot and get into the game"

Isn't that so true?! And for me it doesn't just apply to money, right now it applies to my whole life. It was only recently I was thinking to myself, it's like I am on autopilot in every aspect of my life and every time I try to switch it off and fly on my own, it jams up and wont let me.

I really do want to change, so I am hoping following this rather simple 30 day plan will open a whole new successful world to me.

Yes I am far too complicated.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't ever doubt yourself - especially about university. I started uni at 31 and had an absolute ball. It took me 6 years because I was only part time and working part time and managing 3 kids.

It was both terrifying and exhilarating and the sense of accomplishment you get is huge. Take it slow is my best advice so you make sure you enjoy it. By the way I love the word Onomatopoeia as well.

Good luck with all your 'challenges'

Mimi said...

I'm loving the sound of the book you mention. Good luck with all of your goals. You are never to old to learn something new!

Post a Comment