Friday, July 8, 2011

Joining Josie

Dear Dad,

We have had a difficult life together, we both know that, but what you don't know, and what I have never told you, is how much I wish I was just like you.

All my life you have shown me your strength, your drive, your ability not to over react and how second nature it is for you to listen, think and react in a way that has people describing you as tough but fair.
No matter what life has thrown your way, you have always handled it with respect, dignity, calm and maturity.

I am proud of you Dad, and I love you. I never tell you that, and I am sorry. I hope that one day I have the courage to tell you, Dad, I wish I was more like you. I wish I had listened to you more, given you a fair go, tried to be closer to you.

Right now though, I will say thank you, because although we may have trouble saying what we wish we could to each other, you are the father figure in my children's lives and I am so proud they get a chance where I went wrong. You show them love, compassion, and guidance and for that I am truly thankful. I can only hope that my children grow up to be like you, showing strength, dignity, commitment, hard work, selflessness and the ability to trust in themselves even when no one else does.

With Love
Your Daughter



Please stop by and join us at Josie's Write a Letter Wednesday.

1 comments:

Bethe77 said...

Whata beautiful letter to your dad.
I hope you give it to him
Blessings

Post a Comment