Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Waking Up Exhausted

Waking up exhausted makes one feel robbed. What use is going to bed if you are only going to wake up feeling like crap anyways? I have always wished to be one of those night owl people, but even after all these years I sadly am not. I am not a morning person either. Not early morning anyways. If I could sleep in till 8am every morning I would be a lot more of a morning person, but waking up at 6am or earlier each day just doesn't give one the jollies.

I am one of those women who is layer after layer of complexed emotion. Constant, and unwavering raw emotion. I know it, I have always known it, but up until recently I have tried to change myself for others. Over the years I have been told I am over emotional, too sensitive, I think too much, I am glass half empty kinda girl. So what! That's me. I think and I feel, maybe more than the average, and you know what that's OK! The reason I mention all this is because lately I have been weighed down and overwhelmed by the same 2 major emotions. Guilt is number one and anger is number 2. I know why I suffer guilt, where it originated, why it continues, however I don't know how to fix and over come it and I don't know how to avoid it in the future, I struggle greatly with it. But... the anger. My God am I angry inside, at everything and everyone. I know of bits and pieces that helped me get here but not the defining moment and not why it continues to influential in my daily life. I hide and control as much as I can, but still so much surfaces. Even sitting here right now typing this, I feel the rage inside. I did read something yesterday that I have been rolling around the thought bank, "Anger is the inward display of depression" if that is so, then yes my anger makes a little more sense.

I have never spoke to a medical professional about my feelings before, I have many MANY reasons as to why, and I can safely say I will NEVER depend on a medical professional, and for that I have my beliefs. But I know I have battled depression for many years. I feel it inside me, I know when I am having a good day and a bad day. I know what makes me feel a little better and I know a major cause of these boughts of depression. I almost know exactly when to predict one drawing closer upon me, and I know what triggers them. The problem is, I can't stop or avoid them. They are part of me, my make up, how I feel and think. It is a process I have to go through and survive as it happens, and I am OK with that.

What worries me is the guilt and anger. Those two emotions will be what sink me. I have and am considering some sort of Anger Management course / group. I am not one for psychologist or psychiatrists or social workers for that matter (I have reasons people). Please note I am not violent or physically harmful. I am however human, and I mistakes. I have no idea how to fix my guilt.

I do know lately that I have been avoiding.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment